Valid for the whole of June- Refer a friends and win a prize!
Can you help the Get up and Go programme by telling a friend, family member or someone you meet about the programme and suggest an activity they might like to attend.
If the person you tell signs up to the programme and attends any of our get up and go activities and quotes your name as referral you will both be entered into a draw to win a prize (there is more than one prize to win).
If they attend more than once you will both be entered into the draw the amount of times they attend a session
HAPPY SHARING! (Valid for the whole of June)
More and more people are experiencing Mental Health during their lifetime, but are you aware of the profound benefits that physical activity has on our mental health?
Answer this: do you suffer with mental health? and do you participate in any physical activity?
Please email email@example.com or call 02392 446223 if you would like to discuss any worries that you may have.
To find our more read the full article from Sport England here: https://www.sportengland.org/…/why-we-invest-in-mental-hea…/
Are you aware of the health benefits of regular physical activity?
‘Persuading inactive people (those doing less than 30 minutes per week) to become more active could prevent one in ten cases of stroke and heart disease in the UK and one in six deaths from any cause’.
How much exercise should we be doing?
For more advice please visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/health-matters-getting-every-adult-active-every-day/health-matters-getting-every-adult-active-every-day
The Independent Article (January 2019)
‘ HALF OF BRITONS OVER 55 DON’T BELIEVE EXERCISE IS AN IMPORTANT PART OF LIFESTYLE’
- Almost half of Brits over the age of 55 don’t believe that exercise is an important part of lifestyle.
- The study revealed that one in 10 Brits over the age of 55 said the reason they didn’t attend the gym more regularly was out of fear of injury. Of those surveyed who did attend a gym, aside from exercise, the reasons for joining included beating stress (50 per cent), socialising or making new friends (47 per cent) and helping them sleep better (45 per cent).
- Evidence indicated older adults who participate in physical activity maintain not just good physical function but also good cognitive function.
Please Click on the Below link to read the full article: https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/exercise-over-55-gym-not-important-fear-injury-nuffield-health-study-a8751916.html?fbclid=IwAR0M1f5fGzZjuvLhfaM0g4yQex41ErCjQo_YoCtrLVvBzzHSKdkyO1MelNc
BBC Article (March 2019)
‘Can Exercise reverse the ageing process?’
- ‘Not only does exercise help prevent the onset of many diseases, it can also help to cure or alleviate others, improving our quality of life’.
- ‘Being more active is not only better for an individual, it is also vital for the functioning of our wider society as it ages’.
- ‘Most people should not be aiming to become a world-beating athlete in their advanced years; they don’t need to be to reach optimal health’.
- ‘Instead, incorporating small regular bouts of physical activity – brisk walking or ballroom dancing – into your routine is the key’.
Please Click on the Below link to read the full article: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-47331544?fbclid=IwAR0j5B9MbokVU_LAhZZ6mT8HgIHdeb51MRwJ25I0_45wL0ObMKElOq4BGGo