- 12/07/2019 - 17/09/2019
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Take a look at what the walks involve in our short video:
These walks will be short (approximately 1 mile) along an easy–access path circumnavigating Staunton Lake taking in the stunning views and vistas of the Parkland.
Walkers can choose from two themed walks focused on the “Flora and Fauna” or the “History and Heritage” of the Park.
The Flora and Fauna walks will vary in content as the seasons change throughout the year.
The History and Heritage of Staunton Country Park walks take in the Regency landscape created by George Staunton and his successor William Stone and its range of follies, Grade II listed buildings and ornamental lake. Learn about the history right on your doorstep
It is important to note that different leaders/rangers take the walks so no walk will be the same, walks will differ from week to week and theme to theme.
The walks will be taking place during some of the vegetation clearance and development work this year so you will also see ‘behind the scenes’ during the restoration project.
Visit with friends, family or on your own. Meet others who are interested in history, wildlife and plant life within the park.
|Tuesday July 16th- 10-12am||History & Heritage- no walk is the same||Booking is essential please see below|
|Tuesday 6th August- 10-12am||Flora & Fauna- no walk is the same||Booking is essential please see below|
|Tuesday 20th August- 10-12am||History & Heritage- no walk is the same||Booking is essential please see below|
|Tuesday 3rd September- 10-12am||Flora & Fauna- no walk is the same||Booking is essential please see below|
|Tuesday 17th September- 10-12am||History & Heritage- no walk is the same||Booking is essential please see below|
10.00am meet for a 10.15am start – 12.00am (Approximately), please meet at the entrance of the farm.
There are no costs to the walks, however you will be able to make a donation at the end if you wish, which proceeds go to the Friends of Staunton Country Park https://www.facebook.com/groups/124585941530721/
Booking essential. To book, please select the desired date above and click ‘register here’ and follow the booking process.
If you have any questions or problems when booking the walks, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
🗣 Have you attended or ever thought about attending our Guided walks at Staunton – Farm – Gardens & Country Park? If so, please could you take 5 minutes of your time to fill out our feedback survey: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/VHQ3VJ5
Your feedback is essential going forward in order for us to make sure residents of Havant Borough our accessing opportunities that are available to them and enjoying the Get up and Go activities!
Your help and support is extreamly grateful, everyone who completes this survey will be entered into a draw to win a £30 voucher, if you further your feedback by email or telephone your name will be entered twice.
What else do I need to know?
- Appropriate footwear and clothing as the pathways may be slightly muddy. The walk will still take place in inclement weather.
- Refreshments (tea, coffee and soft drinks will be provided in the courtyard of the historic Coach House) after the completion of the walk.
- Pay and display parking is available at Staunton Farm.
- All walkers should meet by the entry gates to the Country Park. This is on the opposite side of the road to the farm car park.
- Walkers should meet here with the Walk Leader at 10 am for a short briefing before commencing the walk.
- If you have any concerns about your ability to complete the walk or have any general health considerations, then please speak to the Walk Leader before commencing the walk. Its appropriate for all, especially if you have never walked very far or don’t walk very fast. We will go at your speed to ensure you enjoy the walk. We look forward to meeting you on the walks!
Organised by Havant Borough Council in partnership with Hampshire County Council’s Countryside Service.
Venue: Staunton Country Park
Venue Website: https://www.hants.gov.uk/thingstodo/countryparks/stauntonAddress: